Saturday, May 22, 2010

book smart end table


When the bases to all my end tables were stolen during my last move, I was left with just 3 pieces of glass and quite dismayed... then, I had this creative idea... The base is made from stacked old encyclopedias and the top is a 20"dia. piece of glass.

Encyclopedias can be found at a used book store, the free section of Craigslist, or in my case donated from a friend... Try Pier One for the glass. If you go to a glass shop, you're sure to overpay. The lamp pictured is from Anthropologie.

4 comments:

  1. How Sturdy are the Encyclopaedias? Is it easy to topple?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat! Must post more blog posts! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sturdy enough that I trust my favorite lamp on it :O)... and I didn't glue them together so I would have the option to change it up later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome way to use encyclopedias!!!

    ReplyDelete